Our farmers make the health and welfare of their animals one of their top priorities, that’s why we source our bones from these particular farms. Here are some of the many ways that they care for their animals:
- After weaning, the cattle are put into pastures where they are free to roam, forage and do all the things that cattle do naturally. They are 100% grass-fed and grass-finished. They are not given any routine antibiotics or hormones.
- During inclement weather, the cattle are given access to shelter that has sufficient space for all of them to lie down comfortably without being stood on. The shelter is kept dung-free and clean.
- The farmers care for their pastures and environment. This ensures that the cattle have the best nutrition, clean fresh water, and a clean environment.
- If an animal is injured or sick, they are seen to immediately so as to avoid any suffering and distress. This includes veterinary treatment if required.
- Our farms fulfill the requirements of the Humane Methods of Slaughter Act (HMSA). This means that the animals are insensible to pain prior to slaughter.
All our farms (and our entire production process from sourcing to production), have been inspected by Whole Foods Market and they have reviewed our farms according to the animal welfare ranking system. We have been approved for national distribution which is an added reassurance that Kettle & Fire has animal welfare as a top priority.